1910 - 1919 Hoechst becomes a stockholder
Dr. Constantin Krauss takes over the management of the recently built plant.
Knapsack begins with the manufacturing of ammonia and ammonium sulfate produced from calcium cyanamide in a continuous process.
Commissioning of the first conveyer furnace for producing calcium cyanamide in a continuous process.
The ammonia plant is extended, however it is closed due to economic inefficiency after WWI.
A Linde plant is built for air separation, in order to supply the calcium cyanamide production processes with pure nitrogen, as well as a Borsig plant that provided nitrogen and carbon dioxide.
1916 - 1918
FARBWERKE, formerly MEISTER LUCIUS & BRÜNING and HOECHST AM MAIN, purchase shares in the AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT FÜR STICKSTOFFDÜNGER, Knapsack bei Köln (Corporation for Nitrogen Fertilizer Knapsack near Cologne), in order to have the carbide manufactured in Knapsack at their disposal as a raw material basis for producing their acetylenes
An acetic acid plant is commissioned. Both an aldehyde and an acetone plant are built simultaneously. The existing air separation plant supplies the necessary oxygen for the production of acetic acid.
The Private Works Fire Department is established.