IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR SAFETY
Should an incident occur at the Chemical Industrial Park Knapsack which impacts the neighboring community, you will be informed without delay via our website, the local press and our citizens' helpline on 02233 48-6001.
In the event of a potential danger to our neighbors due to fumes or pollutants you will be warned additionally by the works sirens in and around the chemical industrial park.
- Warning: 1 minute wail
There is danger due to fumes, vapors or pollutants
- Public address announcements by the police and the fire department
- Announcements on the radio: WDR 2 (terrestrial: VHF 100.4 MHz; cable: 97.9 MHz) and Radio Erft (terrestrial: VHF 91.4 MHz and 105.8 MHz, cable: 87.8 MHz )
- Citizens‘ helpline Chemical Industrial Park Knapsack: (0 22 33) 48 60 01
- Website Chemical Industrial Park Knapsack: www.chemiepark-knapsack.de
- All clear: 1 minute continuous tone
There is no more danger.
Siren signal Warning (listen)
Siren signal All Clear (listen)
What to do in an emergency
When you hear warning sirens and/or notice any danger such as pollutant clouds, an irritant smell, fire or an explosion, follow the procedures listed below for your own safety:
- Close the windows of your vehicle and turn off the ventilation system.
- Go inside a building.
- Get children and passers-by into the building.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off any ventilation systems.
- Proceed to the rooms furthest inside the building on the upper floors.
- Hold a wet cloth in front of your mouth and nose.
- Do not touch any objects contaminated by leaked chemicals with your bare hands.
- Do not enter the building wearing contaminated clothing and shoes.
- Wash contaminated skin with soap and water.
- If health problems arise, contact your primary care physician immediately or call the emergency medical service.
- Pay attention to radio and loudspeaker announcements.
- Follow the instructions of the emergency service personnel.
- Do not block the telephone lines to the fire department, police or rescue services with inquiries, unless an incident such as a fire or accident makes a call absolutely necessary.
Sources of information
Behavioral guidelines for the neighboring community in case of incident